Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Go shine your sink!

This has been a rough week for me where pain is concerned but on a positive note I have been so happy and relaxed this week. I think it's because I shined my sink! My friend had told me about this site http://flylady.net/ and Monday I decided to start something I think may change my life!

This is her question...
OVERWHELMED? DISORGANIZED? LIVING IN CHAOS? The FlyLady's Simple FLYing Lessons Will Show You How to Get Your Home and Your Life in Order--and It all Starts With Shining Your Sink!

Day 1 Shine your Sink
This took a good 4 hours but well worth it in the end. It wasn't 4 hours of cleaning! I took an hour to clean up the kitchen and area around the sink and 2 hours of soaking and an hour of shining.  It was amazing how good I felt about my sink.  I wanted everything around me to shine this bright.  


Day 2 Get dressed to lace up shoes.  
I think this was the turning point for me and how I feel this week.  My normal routine is to get up about 30 minutes before my kids and take a nice warm bath.  It is the only way to get me going in the am because of the pain and stiffness from the RA.  Then I throw on my PJ's and shoes yes shoes not slippers.  I have to wear shoes because my feet hurt (feels like I am walking on the bones in my feet or rocks). I grab the kids feed them and then me.  Her plan is not much different but I need to get dressed not back in my PJ's. So Yesterday I did just that.  I took my bath and got dressed did my hair and face and put on my shoes.  It was amazing how good I felt.  I had a little extra energy in my step and I am sure it was because I had officially started my day. Oh and I shined my sink! 


Day 3 Do what we have already done
I did just that!  I got up took my warm bath and got dressed.  I feel so good about me and the house. I will be sure to shine my sink before bed!


I think the biggest thing for me is to keep moving.  The more I move and do the better I feel.  I think this goes for any SAHM. From talking to other Moms the most common thing I hear is that they feel better through out the day when they get up and get dressed.  I can't wait to see what else she has in store for me.  I haven't looked ahead because she says to take baby steps.  This is what I am doing with my own life taking it one day and step at a time!



No comments:

Post a Comment